What is a Life Coach?
A Life Coach is committed to assist you in creating the results that which you desire. If you don’t know exactly what your desires are, your coach’s job is to help you get clarity on what it is you want to experience.
Your coach helps you get from where you are, to where it is you want to be in your life. The different roles your coach plays in this relationship may vary; here are some of the ways your coach can support you:
- Inspire’s you when you are discouraged.
- Believes in you when you don’t believe in yourself.
- Show you all the reasons why you can, when you want to look for all the reasons why you can’t.
- Fights for your greatness, when you want to justify your insignificance.
- Helps you shift your perspective, creating new and embowering points of views.
- Opens up more possibilities for you to see, when you cannot see them on your own.
- Makes you feel safe and entrusted, by being loving, compassionate and authentic.
- Recognizes your gifts, talents and skills.
- Refocuses you, when you get distracted and self sabotaging.
- Helps you get unstuck, and moves you forward past your challenges and or limitations.
- Holds you accountable to your word, your declarations and your commitments.
- Guides you through the process of mastering your fears; not letting your fears master you.
- Uncover the self-limiting beliefs, fears, doubts and insecurities that keep getting in your way.
- Points out the things that you have been ignoring; pretending that it’s not limiting your potential.
- Uncover the games you’ve been playing, and the masks you’ve been hiding behind; to get you to the next level.
- Assists you in creating an action plan, keep you moving forward, creating the results you want.
- Has you distinguish the difference between happiness and fulfillment.
- Makes you more aware, and living your life more conscious.
- Shows you how to access your personal power, so that when you make choices they are powerful and intentional.
A life coach is not a therapist, they will not treat you as though you are broken or incomplete; in fact they will call you up to a bigger game. Although you coach may have you visit your past from time to time, it will only be for you to make sense of some things that has you stuck; for the most part your coach will always keep you in the present and always moving forward.
Although your coach may offer you suggestions, new ideas or action steps, they are not advice-givers. Instead, they listen to you and ask you powerful and open-ended questions that will force you to search within yourself for your own answers. They will help you find your own path, your own journey, your own truth. T
Very often, the people that decide to be humble enough and worthy enough to have a life coach, discover and or ignite the passions that lye deep within themselves. Those passions regularly and repeatedly lead them to discover and live purpose driven lives.
People that live purpose driven lives, live their with freedom, excitement and ultimate fulfillment.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.”
― Marianne Williamson